Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Citation X WBGR > WBGB

I forgot to take screenshots. Here's a beauty shot of a Citation X from FlightGear wiki site.
What's up, internet!

 I have been neglecting this blog lately and for a good reason, I haven't touched FlightGear in a while. Busy with Kerbal Space Program... oh my that was so fun.

 So I learnt yesterday that FlightGear 3 was out and of course I downloaded it immediately.

 First flight I did was with the Citation X, taking off in the early morning (sim time) from WBGR (Miri) and, due to time restraint (it was night and getting late, real time) flew a short distance and landed at WBGB.

 I thought I did pretty well, landing was smooth although I did have to make a few steep turns and the roll & sink rate warning sounded a bit (oops), and did have to make use of the spoilers while in mid-air to slow the plane.

 Random thoughts : The FG3 is far smoother than FG2. And either my skills have improved, or it seems easier to land a Citation X (or it has to do with the smoother simulation).

 Terrain data for WBGR and WBGB is basic. I wished I could make the terrain and contribute scenery data here but I have tried and simply stumped by just how to go about it. Plus, I hardly have time nowadays, but I will figure it out one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment